What is search engine marketing (SEM)?
Search engine marketing (SEM) is a form of Internet marketing that involves the promotion of websites by increasing their visibility in search engine results pages (SERPs) through optimization and advertising.
Why search engines are important for business websites – outlines the main elements involved with search engine marketing (SEM), plus the differences between search engine optimization (SEO) and pay-per-click advertising (PPC).
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) basics
Covers the issues to consider when optimizing a website, what can be achieved and how to plan an SEO strategy.
How to select and target the best keywords and how to priorities keywords on a website.
Writing optimized content
The importance of HTML tags, how to write effective title and description tags (including practical exercise) and review the page content of a website.
Website design issues
Looks at which websites can be good for search engine optimization and which design elements will affect the results.
Submitting a website
How to get a new or updated website indexed by the main search tools and how to track progress each month.
Reviewing competitor websites
Reviewing the factors covered so far – a number of competitor websites are reviewed and the key elements for their success identified.
Why link building is important and how to plan and implement a link building strategy.
What it is, how it works and what are the advantages or disadvantages compared to search engine optimisation.
Setting up a PPC campaign
Covers keyword research, writing effective adverts (including practical exercise), and planning an advertising strategy.
Running a PPC campaign
Outlines bid management techniques, reviewing and revising active campaigns, and tracking conversions.
Upon completion of this search engine marketing training course, participants should be able to:
- Understand the main search engine marketing techniques for business websites
- Learn about the process of search engine optimization, including keyword research, writing optimized content, getting web pages indexed. by search engines and tracking the outcomes
- Gain access to new online tools and resources to help them implement successful search engine optimization campaigns
- Learn about ‘link popularity’ and why this is an important part of the optimization process, plus see how to develop an effective link building strategy
- Understand what ‘pay-per-click’ advertising is, how it can be used and the stages required to set up and manage campaigns
Bangalore Startup Club
Address: #No 1615, 1st Sector, 21st Main Road 7th Cross, HSR Layout, Bangalore – 560068 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone no:
+91 9611303057 +91 080 41226028