Marketing a product or service in Internet does require a website and for monitoring a website you require a super cool tool called Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a free tool that is extremely recommended in any website as it shows you what are the various items that you should be aware of if you’re in online marketing. This tool will make you understand how your site is doing from a day-to-day, month-to-month and year-to-year perspective.
How to install Google Analytics
- The first step to set up Google Analytics is to login to google.com/analytics.
- Sign in with your existing Google account (Google Apps or Google Adwords) or Create an Account.
- For Website URL – Enter your website address.
- For Account Name – Use your company name. You can monitor multiple websites with one Analytics Account, so make sure this name is suitable if you are planning on adding more websites in the future.
- Click on “Get Tracking ID”.
- Once the signing up process is complete you will find the tracking code set up screen.
- Copy the code Google displays for you. Place it exactly before the ending tag in your HTML code. Now be patient and wait for Google to recognize the code (it could take anywhere from a few hours to one day). When everything is done correctly – your “Tracking Status” will show “Receiving Data.”
- Your Google Analytics account is officially now set up and will start tracking data in the next 24 hours.
Once you have successfully finished Installing Google Analytics, you can link Google Analytics to AdWords. This will help you to automatically track the behavior of users coming from your AdWords ads.